Church Hall Hire,Large church hall is available for hire. Kitchen, stage and large dance floor.
All Saints Church Hall, Shaftesbury Road/ Warwick Road
Please call 01582 720129 for further details.
Church Hall Hire Large church hall is available for hire. Kitchen and large dance floor. Off road parking St Peter's Church Hall, Harefield Road, Luton
for further details
All Saints is situated in an area with a very rich ethnic, cultural and religious mix. What was once a traditional white urban area of late 19th century homes changed during the 1950's and 60's as it became home to many Caribbean people. They now make up a large part of our congregation with the islands of St Vincent, Barbados and Jamaica being 'home' to many, though Luton is now 'home' to their children. Later new residents, mainly from Pakistan and Kashmir, again changed the nature of the area, and Bury Park is now a shopping centre with a very definite Asian flavour. We have welcomed into the church family newcomers from Pakistan, from Nigeria, from Georgia, from Ghana and from Zimbabwe.
The church is of a traditional design, built in 1923, though we celebrated the centenary of the first building (now the Church Hall) on 12th December 2007. The style of the worship is moderately traditional catholic. We use vestments and mostly sing traditional hymns, but are certainly not 'stick in the mud!' and like to try innovations too! Our style tends to be rather 'laid-back' but this doesn't mean that our worship or theology is slack and thoughtless, just rather informal but sincere and at the centre of our lives.
We always welcome new comers.
COME AND JOIN US
St Peter’s Church
St Peter’s is situated at the top end of Dallow Road in a culturally diverse community which includes people from Pakistan, India, Poland and Romania. The original St Peter’s was situated on the corner of St Peter’s Road and Dallow Road on land where there is now a small park.
The original St Peters Church closed in 1964 and the present building, situated on the corner of Harefield Road and Dallow Road was opened for worship in 1972. The new St Peter’s Church centre was funded by donations from the local community and provided a larger and more flexible space for the growing church.
A family communion service is held each Sunday at 11 am. The intimate atmosphere of being gathered around the altar in a building designed to serve the needs of the local people brings a greater reality to the offering of ourselves to God in worship and an awareness of being part of the community We offer a warm welcome to all
COME AND JOIN US